- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- Bikerental: Scott Genius Full suspension bike with dropper post
- Rental of full sus mtb or e-mtb
- Rental of helmet
- Trip extension assistance, detailed trip information and pre trip assistance
- Visa arrangements
- Voucher for Local geothermal swimming pool,showers, jacuzzi's in town
- Vouchers for lunch
- Airfares and airport transfers
- Alc. beverages
- Awesome weather guarantee
This trip suits experienced riders only with good technical skills – Happy riding steep, loose, narrow trails in the remote areas.
Meet our staff at the trail centre in Hveragerði, get your trip kit: Maps, tracks & food vouchers. This is topped by local recommendations based on the weather on any given day, we’ll make our trail recommendation, Get your rental bike dialled in and head out to explore the surroundings of the dormant volcano “Hengill”. A variety of technical singletrack and fast flowy trails make this a superb choice for advanced riders. The area offers diverse landscapes and ever changing trail. If weather allows stop at a geothermal river for a bath. (Or we save that for the next day, weather will be the boss).
- Rental of full suspension MTB or e-MTB (Full suspension unplugged: 72,000 ISK package total / Full suspension e-MTB: 84,000 package total )
- Vouchers for lunch at two of our favorite places to eat.
- Voucher for best pizza in Iceland! and local brew.
- Voucher for swimming pool.
- 2 x shuttle to the neighbouring mountains – you can ride back at own pace.
- Maps & gpx of recommended trails PLUS – access to Icebike staff for expert advice on where to head on any given day, factoring in weather, trail condition and riders experience.
This trip is only suitable for independent riders with skills to do any minor fixes (chain/tire etc) on the trail and happy using maps and gps riding solo.
More about Hveragerði town here.
The hotel: The Greenhouse hotel opened in late 2021. The Greenhouse focuses on sustainable and eco-friendly choices, with emphasis on reusable, upcycled and recycled materials. Designed by local designer Halfdan Pedersen. On the ground floor you’ll find a food hall with focus on local, fresh ingredients.
Food: The number of restaurants per capita is great with the high standard of food available making the town a good destination for foodies. We leave two dinners out of three up to riders – there is plenty to choose from, in the food hall each can pick their favourite but share a table. The finale dinner is in another building, keeping it simple with best pizza in Iceland and local craft beer.
You can do a lot in 2 days in Iceland! In summer: Days are long, almost 24hrs of daylight and we recommend using the bright nights well. Find information on what to wear and have a look at Icebike Adventures picture gallery from our trips. Grab the popcorn, sit back and enjoy some of your biking videos from Iceland. Last but not least, get some practical information on your trips and what to expect when riding in Iceland.